So Excited!

Why, you ask? Because I get to see my husband on Friday! I can hardly wait! He's been away since last Monday because of work training in Delaware. We are meeting in Washington D.C. Neither one of us has ever been, so we are really looking forward to sight-seeing. Mostly though, we are excited about seeing each other! I'm expecting some really great photo opportunities in D.C. during the Christmas season!

I've tried to stay busy since he's been gone. Work obviously keeps me busy during the week days, and in the evenings I don't have that much time to kill until bed time, so it's not too tough. This past weekend was made much better by family. I spent Friday and Saturday nights with Mom and Dad. It's comforting to be in their home...so cozy and warm! My cousin Brice also stayed; he is in the area for work. It was good to spend time with him and catch up with what's going on with his family.

On Saturday we drove to Crowley to have lunch with Josh, Amber, Mary Alice and Major before attending Mary Alice's play. She is playing ZuZu Bailey in the Cleburne production of "It's a Wonderful Life." She did such an amazing job! I realize she isn't my child, but I had tears in my eyes at the end of the play when she said her last line, "Teacher says, 'Everytime you hear a bell ring, an angel gets his wings.'" I remember crying last year in her play also. I get so emotional when I see our neices and nephews doing something so well, I can only imagine what I'll be like when Chad and I have our own kids. Yikes!

Saturday night I went to the Christmas party for my class at church. I had a nice time, but I really did miss Chad there. It's hard to be at a couples' party, participating in a Chinese Christmas gift exchange all alone. I ended up with Scrabble, so watch out Chad! It's on when you get home!

Sunday was a pretty usual day. I went to Prestoncrest, enjoyed worship and class, and went to lunch with the Johnston clan. Charley and Kathy also take excellent care of me when Chad is gone. It's such a blessing to have loving in-laws!

On a side note, Prentice's sermon on Sunday was about Surviving Parenting. He brought up some excellent points, and although we don't have kids yet, I love hearing lessons about it. It also reminded me of what a great job Josh and Amber and Wade and Amber are doing raising their children. Chad and I have awesome examples! If anyone has a spare half hour, you should go to www.prestoncrest.org and listen to the sermon.

Well, work is calling. I will definitely take pictures in Washington D.C. this weekend. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Miranda you sound like me. Only TWO MORE DAYS! I miss Brice like you miss Chad. He said he had a good time seeing everyone. Hope you have a good time in Washington DC. See you in Loop. Only a week and a half!
Love you!

10:40 AM  

Hey! Major and I will be staying with your Mom on Thursday and Friday. Maybe we'll see you? If not, then soon.

You need to bring that Scrabble board over at Christmas. I think I'd like to take both of you on!hehehe

Also- I heard that Surviving Parenting sermon on Sunday morning. Mary Alice was in my lap and kept laughing at me when I would yell out "That's exactly right." and "Yeah." and other such things as Prentice preached. I thought that was a good one and was wondering what the Sunday night sermon was like. I especially appreciated his verbal affirmation of the Christian homeschool movement. :) See you guys soon!

1:42 PM  

Hey Miranda! I'm glad I found your blog! Michael was gone all last week in Disney World for training. It is so hard to keep your mood up when your sweet husband is gone. It makes it worse when you arrive at the airport to pick him up and his flight gets delayed for two hours w/o you knowing it! Nerve-wracking! How cool is it that y'all got to go to DC. I hope all is well!

5:33 PM  

YAY!!! That is so exciting to see DC at Christmas! I bet the lights are beautiful on all of the federal buildings! Hope you and Chad have so much fun! BE CAREFUL! And take lots of pictures!

9:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home