For Chad's birthday a few weeks ago, one of the presents I gave him were Rangers' tickets. We went on Sunday, which originally seemed like a wonderful idea. I wanted to avoid a night game because I have such a hard time staying awake late. Little did I know it would be 90 degrees (and feel like 100!) for the Sunday afternoon game.
We had great seats along the 1st base line, but the sun didn't make it's way behind the stands until about the 6th inning. I was such a sweaty mess! There was a little boy sitting behind us with a fan/spray bottle contraption, and he was kind enough to spray me a few times when I asked (although the first time he wasn't so sure and just knew he would be in so much trouble for spraying a perfect stranger with water!).
Still...Chad and I had a great time! There was one little mishap though. Soon after we arrived, as I was putting my hair into a ponytail, Chad reached over and started to pick at something in my hair. I asked him if it was food, which is more often than not the case with me. He said no, then proceeded to pull a hair out of my head. As I glared at him wondering what he was thinking, he showed me the shiniest, silkiest, most perfect bright white hair. Seriously. Mouth gaping open, I held it in my hand in disbelief. Chad asked if he shattered my world, and, for a brief moment, I believe he did. I stared at it and asked if he saw anymore. Happily, no more were found. Still, all friends and family have every right to come right up to me and pull out my hair should you see any white strands. I promise not to be mad!
At the end of the game, Chad was able to run the bases along with about 100 other people. It was great to be on the field, even if only for a small moment!
As we were walking to the car, I snapped this pic of the new Cowboys' stadium. Sorry...it's a little blurry. It's so massive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
How fun!!! What a great gift idea.
We are definitely looking forward to some Ranger baseball this summer too.
Kim said...
5:57 PM
I think you win the most dedicated wife award for sweating it out in the Texas heat for his birthday! By the way, I tagged you on my blog. If you've already been tagged a million times, feel free to pass on this one. :)
Alli said...
9:10 PM