Chad & I took a little "Babymoon" trip this past weekend to New York City. We had a plane ticket that we needed to use before it expired, and thanks to my dear friend Dusty, we also had a great place to stay! Since our 5th wedding anniversary is next month, we decided this was our trip to celebrate.



Of course, I can't have a blog post without Ranger! He fell asleep on the way to Grammy & DadDad's on Friday. Look at his cute, crooked hat!



But, it's a good thing he rested because he was a busy, swimming little boy at their house while we were gone! Thanks for keeping him Grammy & DadDad!








And now...back to us! When we arrived Friday night, we had dinner at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill. It was excellent! (Sorry, no pictures of that.) On Saturday night we went to see Wicked. It was incredible! Another great point in the night...one of the seat ushers told me of a secret bathroom they let pregnant women use so we don't have to wait in the long line during intermission...fabulous!! I felt like a total VIP! (People in New York are incredibly nice to pregnant women...just an FYI!)
Here we are having a wonderful Italian dinner before the show. Tiramisu...yum!!









We stayed down in the financial district, near Battery Park. You can't really see it, but the Statue of Liberty is in the background. Since we've both been to New York a few times, we didn't chose to see any of the main tourist spots again. We just hung out and did whatever we wanted! It was wonderful!












On Sunday we spent the afternoon in Central Park. We walked around (except when I had to stop and rest!), ate hot dogs and ice cream, and laid around people watching. So fun!







We also met up with Chad's sister, Megan, on Sunday night for dinner. She picked this great little Cuban restaurant with the most amazing grilled corn. (Clearly the girl who snapped this picture didn't care about quality. It's so blurry!)



We had this caricature drawn as a thank you note for Dusty. The fact that this drawing looks NOTHING like us just adds to the hilarity.







One of the highlights was being in the audience for Monday's taping of Live with Regis and Kelly. Here we are, so proud of our tickets!








In the studio right after we arrived...we had front row seats!








And, of course, what we are most proud of (and what everyone probably now knows about!), Chad was chosen as the surfboard dancer for their trivia contest!! It was CRAZY!! They just asked for a volunteer, preferably a guy in shorts, and Chad said he'd do it! He got to go back to the green room while some random guy sat next to me in his seat.
Here he is waiting for his big moment!!! Such a hottie!!! (They asked him to take his shirt off)








And here's what you saw if you watched!!! Pay special attention to both Neil Patrick Harris and Kelly Ripa as they pay nice complements to my very cute, talented husband!







So...now I have a famous husband! We expect phone calls from Hollywood any day now.

As a sidenote, I was also on TV for a few seconds right after Neil and Kelly walk in at the beginning of the show. It's on their website, but it's no where near as interesting as Chad!


After the show was over, we were able to have our picture taken further up on the set. I love it!







Those are the highlights!! I never imagined Chad would be on live, national television shirtless & dancing, but it sure makes for a fun story!! We had such a wonderful trip and really enjoyed a few days away, especially since life is going to get quite a bit more interesting in 3 months!

6 comments:

I am completely green with envy & CAN'T stop laughing!!! It looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Clearly, your man likes to take his shirt off!...I'll have to get him to send me his autograph ;) I'm thinking we may have to plan a similar trip before Baby Epperson #2 makes his/her arrival...maybe this fall. And PS...you look absolutely adorable!

9:17 AM  

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I guess we now know who Ranger gets his moves from:) Btw...you look adorable in all of those pictures!

9:43 AM  

I am so glad you had a great time! It looks like it was a nice relaxing weekend together.

11:26 AM  

This is fantastic!! I love that Chad was the surfer boy! Glad ya'll had fun.

3:37 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful time! Yes, that sure does make for a fun story :-) Glad you guys could get away and enjoy a nice trip together!

8:41 PM  

SOOOO FUN! What an awesome trip for you guys!

8:23 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home