On Friday, the boys and I traveled over to Flower Mound to Firestation #4. Aaron, a friend from high school who is a fireman there, invited us over for a tour. It was such a kind offer, and we just had to take him up on it!
Ranger was a little shy when we arrived, but even though he didn't say much, he was more than happy to hop up in the trucks and play with everything!
"Hey Mom, can I play too?"
While we were there, Aaron and his fellow firefighters were called to an emergency, so he had to leave. We were able to see the firemen run out, get suited up and drive away, sirens blaring. Ranger was so excited! Then another fireman came in and took over the tour.
"Seriously...you really aren't letting me out of this thing?" (Callen was actually very content and well-behaved!)
Waylon even taught Ranger how to use the radio. "10-4!"
Then Ranger buckled up in the back, ready to go fight fire!
We usually only eat out once for lunch during the week, and we'd already gone to Chick-fil-a a few days earlier, so I packed our lunch for this field trip. But, I decided that it was too hot to sit at a park. Instead, we found a shady parking lot and sat in the back of the Sante Fe! The boys thought it was greatness. I had the air conditioner on, along with our favorite Veggie Tales CD. We were also really close to the airport, so we were able to see airplanes much more closely overhead than we do here at home. Ranger loved every minute!
We did received a few strange looks from passersby, but we didn't mind! It was a superfun picnic!
My goal on the way home was to keep both boys awake so they would take their naps at home rather than in the car. Ranger and I were doing some pretty crazy singing and dancing, as evidenced by his lopsided sunglasses and hat.
Cooling down...
We had a great time, and are so appreciative to Aaron for inviting us and showing Ranger all about being a fireman!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment