Payton has been showing signs that she is ready to be potty trained:  wanting to wear big girl panties, flushing the potty for me, wanting to sit on the potty.  So, I decided I would take advantage of a few days when the boys were staying with Grammy and DadDad and make this potty thing happen!

She was pretty excited on Day 1!







But it was not easy going.  :-(  Payton loves her big girl panties....the potty not so much.  She especially doesn't like me telling her that she should sit on the potty.

We spent hours of quality time together in the bathroom:




Or very close!





And we even ventured out once to Target so I could let her pick out her own potty and panties.  I was hoping that would motivate her because she would be making her own choices.



 But, as adorable as she is in big girl panties and pigtails, she was not interested in being potty trained one bit!










So, back to diapers and Pull-Ups we go until she decides she is ready!  



1 comments:

P and R are a lot alike. Ryder still gets mad at me if I tell him to go to the potty. It has to be completely on his terms. You are doing the right thing to back off for a few months and then try again. Those strong willed kiddos! Sigh.

6:39 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home