The Thursday that the kids and I drove home from Camp Deer Run was also July 2nd, Chad's and my wedding anniversary!  And this year we are celebrating 10 wonderful years together.  Chad, being the amazing husband he is, had La Hacienda ready for dinner when we arrived home.

4 out of 5 of us are completely exhausted from the week...



He also went above and beyond for our dessert by ordering a small version of our wedding cake made by the same woman who made our wedding cake!  Ranger was a wonderful photographer.  :-)



The kids were really excited about the cake!






After cake, we headed out to the backyard to let the kids set off a few July 4th "poppers."  Fun, loud, and only a little messy...















Then we headed back inside for showers.  After our shower, we looked at our wedding album with the kids.  They loved seeing so many friends and family 10 years ago, and I loved all of the memories that came flooding back.



Finally, as a family, we watched our wedding video.  Chad and I probably haven't seen it since our first anniversary, and the kids have never seen it.  It was such a sweet day to celebrate our life together, and share with the kids how our family began.  It was also very sweet to see a little bit of my Daddy again, and I love any time I can share him with my kids.



Chad and I have celebrated 10 anniversaries together, and this one was, by far, my absolute favorite.  It really allowed me to see the blessings God has given our family in the last 10 years.  Here's to 60 more!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home