Hello!
I would love to offer up some excuse as to my lack of blogging, but I'm afraid that I don't have enough to fill an entire month. I'll try and give as many as I can, but mostly my excuses boil down to being a blogging slacker.
Excuse #1:
The week or so leading up to Christmas was completely insane at work. I've already established that I do most of my blogging at work, so it was hard to fit it in. I knew I was taking over a week off, so I needed to feel overly prepared. I'm not complaining though; I love my job and would much rather be busy than bored!
Excuse #2:
The Christmas Break. It was awesome! I took off from December 22 through January 1st. Then, the market was closed on January 2nd because of the mourning day for President Ford, so there was another day. Now, one might say, "Miranda, you had so much free time! What were you doing?" Honestly, there were busier days and not-so-busy days. Somehow though, there were no blogging days. I have a hard time sitting in front of the computer at our house because there is usually cleaning or television that seems more interesting. Yes...cleaning is more interesting to me than being on the computer.
We did have such a fun Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve at my parents in Frisco. We went ice skating with Josh, Amber and the kids, which was very fun. I didn't fall once! (For anyone who knows about my clumsiness, I know that sounds surprising.) Christmas morning we watched Mary Alice and Major play with the gifts Santa brought, then we all opened presents. After lunch, Chad and I went to Wade and Amber's to open presents with the Johnston clan. I was very impressed that Addison and Davis were able to wait for us until 3:00! All in all, it was a fun day filled with good food and family.
During that week I cleaned our whole house, including the oven! I love a clean house.
Excuse #3:
Last week, I only worked 3 days, so I was non-stop crazy every day from 6:30am to 6:30pm! I had couple of my analysts leaving for a huge trip on Sunday, so there was quite a bit of planning to take care of. I'm so ready for winter to be over...I don't like leaving the house when it's dark and coming home when it's dark. Thankfully, this week I've been working my normal 7:30 - 4:30 hours, so I'm home with a little light left in the day.
On a side note, isn't it sad that I am tired of our Texas winter? We barely have winter, and I'm ready for it to be over! I've heard that our high in Dallas will be in the 30's on Sunday and Monday, though. Brrrrr!
Okay...so I only have 3 excuses, but I'm ready to turn over a new leaf. I'll be back to my blogging best!
Chad is enjoying actually being home, since he was gone for so much of the fall. It's nice that he'll actually be able to do his job since it seems he trained for it for FOREVER! Settling in to our new routine is a welcome change!
I'm going to go back to work now, but I'll check back in soon!
Hey, looks like you'll get some winter weather this weekend!
Brooke said...
9:19 PM
The Christmas season kicked all of our blogging butts! I couldn't find the time to shower, much less blog! Okay okay, I did occasionally shower...sometimes.
Can't wait to see what you write next!
Brenna Laine said...
12:39 AM