Hello all! I'm struggling a bit with blogging motivation, but I do have a few things to write about.

About a month ago, Chad undertook a quick little bathroom project. He installed sliding, glass shower doors in our bathroom. Gone is the shower curtain and liner! Our bathroom is actually quite small (something that we will avoid in any future homes), so any measure taken to make it increase in size really helps. Also, it allows more light to come into the shower, which is nice. Another plus... I have an aversion to shower curtain liners touching me, so this solves that problem as well!




Here is the Love reading the instructions! He's so precise!







And here is the finished project. We are gradually transferring all hardware in this bathroom to brushed nickel. Chad and I are both becoming "squeegie experts" since we squeegie after every shower to prevent residue build-up. Yucky!

This past weekend Chad and I went with Mom to the Brooks & Dunn and Alan Jackson concert. Dad was in Honduras, but bought tickets for the 3 of us. It was a really entertaining show, especially Brooks & Dunn. However, I must admit that the best part for me at these types of events is the people-watching. Concerts are great for this activity, as you see people from every age, locale, and walk-of-life. I really thought about taking some pictures, but there's probably a privacy issue associated with taking pictures of perfect strangers and then posting them on a blog.






The man behind us was kind enough to hold up his fan...you know, just in case we ever forget where we were when this picture was taken.


** On a side note, we had a dear friend of our family pass away yesterday. Ken McLeroy was one of the kindest, most gentle, God-fearing men I have ever known. It's hard to describe how I can miss him so much now that he is gone, even though I haven't seen him in a few years. I love his wife and family, and ask that your prayers be with them right now. Ken is at peace with our Father, and his body is no longer holding him back. Please also pray for everyone traveling to honor him at his service this weekend.

3 comments:

We are praying for you and the McElroy's. Spiritual mentors leave such a print on our hearts. Be careful!

6:02 PM  

The bathroom looks great! Chad did a great job.

I will be praying for you and the McElroy family.

3:20 PM  

Chad, can I have whatever mojo you have to be able to do handyman jobs like that?? I can install a shower door SCREENSAVER...

1:45 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home