Things have been pretty quiet around the Johnston household the past week or so. Nothing really to post, but I felt like posting anyway!

Chad spent the weekend golfing with a group of guys. I should have sent him with my camera for some action shots...but I seriously doubt he would have ever taken it out of his suitcase. They had a great time, and why shouldn't they? A weekend spent golfing...not too shabby!

While he was gone I accomplished quite a bit. I took the day off from work on Friday and ran several errands, one of which was finishing up my registries! Let me just say, registering for baby necessities (and other fun non-necessities!) is a little tiring and confusing when you've never had a baby before. Yeesh! I had talked with several new moms and done some research before hand, so I wasn't completely clueless. Still, I'm sure there are things I will look back on and wonder why I thought I needed them in the first place.

* Note to other expectant moms: make sure the store employee loads your items on the correct registry before you leave the store. If not, all your items could end up on someone else's registry, and it takes quite a bit of time to move them over individually! I'm sure Miranda Johnson in El Paso is very confused if she's taken a look at her registry in the last week or so. Ooopsie!

I also cleaned closets this weekend...perhaps a little "pre-nesting." After that, I felt like I had done quite enough, so I really felt no need to get out of my pajamas all day on Saturday. Thankfully Sonic doesn't have a dress code, or I'm not sure what I would have done for dinner. ;-)

On the jobfront, working for an investment firm right now is certainly interesting! Thankfully, my replacement has been working for 3 weeks now, and she is wonderful! I'm working until the end of the year, so we have plenty of training time. She is learning so fast, and I'm so comforted to know that when I leave everything will be taken care of. She and I also get along really well, which is a plus since we share a cubicle and sit 6 inches apart from each other all day!

I suppose that's about it! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home