My last day of work was last Tuesday. On Monday at work, I had a surprise lunch out and a surprise office party. I even embarrassed myself by crying a little bit! I enjoyed my time there so much, and I will miss the people I spent time with every day.
However, there are of course things I won't miss:
1. Driving 25 miles each way to work. I'm gaining almost 2 hours of my day back!
2. Having to run all my errands on the weekends because there was no time during the week.
3. Being so tired at my desk and not being able to take a nap! These last few weeks of pregnancy are exhausting! It will be very nice to get some rest before this little guy comes along.
Chad even threw me a retirement party! Look at who showed up!
Chad and I were there, obviously...

One of Chad's reps gave us his Mavericks tickets for the night, and as we always do at the Mavs games, we had a great time! Random observation...people at Mavericks games are very nice to very pregnant women. No one seemed to mind one bit when I had to squeeze out of our row to go the bathroom!
Now on to Christmas. We had a wonderful time with both sides of our family, although I don't have one single picture to prove it! You are just going to have to trust me! Nugget even received some presents, which he will be able to enjoy in 28 short days (have I mentioned how soon he will be here?!?!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your retirement! I was thinking about you this morning and wondering if the reality would hit you today. Enjoy your naps today...don't feel bad if you feel the need to take 3..4..5..etc a day! :)You are growing a baby!
The Clem Family said...
10:26 AM
I miss you already. I was getting ready for work this morning and it dawned on me that I won't get to hear "good morning" from you. I am so happy for the both of you but I am so sad that I don't get to hear your laugh anymore. Hope you had fun at your retirement party. Can't wait to meet Ernesto.
Anonymous said...
11:11 AM