Yesterday we went to the doctor for our 36-week checkup, and our Nugget is looking good! We had a sonogram for the first time since our 20-week appointment, so it was so good to see our boy again. My, how he has grown!




Hopefully the labels help you out a little bit, but this is his profile. He had his hand on his forehead, clearly a deep thinker already! He moved around quite a bit, and even stuck out his tongue at his Daddy!

The great news is that he is still completely healthy! The other great news is that they measured him at 6 lbs, 15 oz!! Yikes! We were so happy to hear how big he is! (There is a margin of error of a pound either way.) Based on his size, the sonographer has him a little ahead of schedule, but I'm still expecting him on or very close to his due date.

I'm actually not at all surprised to find out he's on the bigger size. First, I can tell he is taking up full residence in my belly. Second, Chad was born 9 lbs, 6 oz...so if our boy is anything like his Daddy, we may have a chunkster on our hands! Nugget could gain a half a pound a week over the next 4 weeks, so we'll see!

The doctor says I'm looking good! I'm not dilated at all, so he still has some great cooking time left. I'm still feeling great too, so I'm happy to have him hanging out for the next 4 weeks. (Hopefully I still feel this way as each week passes!)

We are just getting more and more anxious to see his sweet, little face!

And speaking of sweet, little faces, please say a prayer today for my sister-in-law Amber and the sweet girl she is carrying. They are in the hospital right now, so hopefully we will have our new niece here with us by the end of 2008!

Now for some pictures that I'm sure you will find amusing. Chad and I certainly did!






The first picture was taken on Memorial Day when I was 4-weeks along. The second picture was taken on Monday at 36-weeks. That shirt just doesn't seem to fit anymore, does it?

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy New Year's Eve! 2008 has been wonderful...I can't wait to see what God has in store for 2009!

5 comments:

I LOVE the shirt pictures, it is amazing what our bodies are capable of. I am definitely thinking about Amber and her baby girl today. I hope that it is a quick process and that she gets here soon.

9:43 AM  

You are absolutely beautiful and we will be thinking of you over the next few weeks! Tell the Smiths good luck for us too!

10:13 AM  

You made me laugh out loud with that shirt! I am glad Baby J is doing so well!

11:15 AM  

Just heard a while ago that the baby was here. Tell Amber and Josh congrats from us.

4:13 PM  

I couldn't help but notice the house slippers--a must for every pregnant woman.

7:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home