Ranger turned 2 months old yesterday. We decided to stay home rather than have a big party to celebrate. ;-)
Ranger is doing so many fun things these days. It seems like everyday brings a new development. He "talks" more and more with each passing day. Mornings are definitely his favorite time of day - he takes after his Mommy that way! After our first feed, he will coo and smile until nap time.
He loves to play on the floor on his jungle mat or just on a blanket. He easily entertains himself and doesn't want to be held all of the time. This is very nice at home, but can be a little tricky at church! He has also found his hands, and often he puts them in his mouth. I don't think he quite knows what to do with them, but he's certainly figuring it out.
Ranger is a happy, content baby, unless it's time to eat. Then, you'd better watch out! The boy needs milk, and he needs it NOW! He continues to spit up quite a bit after he eats, but hopefully this will get better after our doctor appointment today. :-)
He sleeps well at night, usually only waking to eat once around 3:oo or 4:oo. We have had some napping issues during the day, but we are working on those. I have discovered that "crying it out" for 45 minutes is NOT for me right now. Like I said...we are working on it. :-)
We went to the doctor today for Ranger's 2 month appointment. Here are his stats!
10 lbs, 6 oz (20th percentile)
23 inches (50th percentile)
So, he's a trim little guy, but healthy, so I'm happy! He handled his shots like a big boy, only crying (screaming) right when the nurse stuck him. Once I picked him up, he calmed down.
I tried to get a 2 month picture of him sitting in the chair...you can see how that turned out!


And here's a picture of me with my sweet boy! As the mom, I don't have many pictures with Ranger, so I decided to take some during playtime today. I LOVE this guy!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the picture of you and little Ranger. He is getting so big and he is just so cute!
Sarah said...
9:38 PM
that picture of you and ranger is soo cute! i'm glad his checkup went well. he's so cute!
Courtney said...
10:40 PM
That pic of you and the Ranger made me smile and choke up at the same time. I love you guys so much. Daddy
Anonymous said...
8:52 AM
I am so glad the 2 month appointment went well and that Ranger survived his first round of shots! The pictures are too cute! Sounds like Brody is going to be the chunky monkey of the group...I may have to put him on a diet! :) Love you guys and look forward to our playdate on Tuesday!
The Clem Family said...
3:02 PM
He is too cute! We are ready to meet the little guy. Love you both (I guess we love Chad too) :)
Unknown said...
7:23 PM
Cute cute!!
Jon and Sarah said...
11:08 AM
That is a great picture of the two of you. When are you going to come to the office, we need some Miranda around here.
Arisa said...
10:45 AM
That is one of the best pictures of you that I've ever seen! SO sweet! BTW, Josh and I decided that Ranger looks like Homie. (The Smith forehead, the mouth, the mischevious grin) :) Have fun hanging out with that sweet boy!
Amber Smith said...
8:18 AM
That picture of the two of you is adorable!
Hattie said...
7:06 AM