On Wednesday, Ranger went to preschool for the very first time! I had always said I would wait until next fall to have him start, but Chad and I thought that he was actually ready now and would really benefit from preschool a few days a week.
The Lord opened a door for us last week when a spot at Stonebriar Preschool Pals opened up for Ranger! This was absolutely the place I wanted him to be, but there was a waiting list, so I was really surprised and happy when they called to say he could join now! As soon as I told him, he was so excited, and he kept asking when he would start. He goes to preschool now on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 - 2:00. This has been an adjustment for Callen too, but I think we are all happy with the small change in our weekly routine!
Ready for his first day! He was really excited to wear his backpack and hold his lunch box. :-)
On the way!
Walking in!
Ranger walked in and seemed to have no problems! He looked around at all the new toys, Playdough & new friends. He didn't seem sad, which made it so much better for me. If he had cried, I would have totally broken down, I'm sure!
His teachers told me at the end of the day that he had no problems and was so well-behaved all day!
Ranger was excited to see me when I picked him up, and even started crying while he hugged me. It was so sweet! He didn't nap, so I think his tears were a result of being tired and being happy to see me since I've never left him that long with anyone but family or close friends. But, before we left he told me he wanted to stay at preschool, so I wasn't too worried. He came home and was asleep in about 3 minutes. :-)
This morning he was happy to go for Day #2! We really feel blessed by this opportunity & know Ranger will benefit from it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so happy the transition is going so well for Ranger and you! It was nice to get to chat with you a little on Wednesday. I know the boys will have a blast in class together, but I will also enjoy the snippets of friend time!
The Clem Family said...
9:44 PM