Our sweet Payton Elizabeth is 6 months old!! Why is time passing so quickly??
Here are some of the shots from our 6-month photo shoot:
At Payton's check-up, her pediatrician says she is still growing right on track. Here are her stats:
Weight: 12 lbs, 10 oz (2nd %)
Height: 25.0 inches (14th%)
Head: 16.8 inches (60th%)
She's our tiny girl, but she's full of spunk!
One of our big accomplishments this month is that Payton is now sleeping in her crib! No more nap taco, swing, or swaddle! She goes to bed awake and puts herself to sleep. This is such a nice step for us...especially for the boys who didn't always understand being patient while Mommy put Payton to sleep. I still rock her and sing a song, but then say "night night."
She is always so happy when I go and get her out of bed. She takes 3 naps a day and usually goes to bed at 6:45 or 7:00pm. I still nurse her once in the middle of the night, and then she wakes up for the day between 6:30 - 7:30am. I would love to be getting a bit more sleep, but I know it will come eventually!
Payton still nurses every 3-4 hours during the day, and no longer takes a bottle. She has started eating a little bit of food. She doesn't seem to love food just yet...sometimes she really wants to eat it, and sometimes she has no interest. Here she is chewing on a bit of frozen waffle one morning. I didn't give it to her so she would eat it really...I just knew she would enjoy holding it and chewing on it for a few minutes!
Payton loves her exersaucer, which is really nice when I need 10 minutes to get a few things done. The boys also love to play with her while she's in it, which means all my kids are occupied!
Payton really is such a content, happy girl. She really only gets upset if she's tired and ready for bed. She also has a sweet little laugh, although she's sometimes stingy with letting us hear it.
Payton has found her voice. She talks and babbles all the time. In particular, she now knows how to scream with joy at the top of her lungs. It's sweet...and loud!
No one makes Payton laugh quite as much as her big brother Ranger!
Little girl loves her baths!
Payton got all dressed up to vote with us!
Payton still doesn't love tummy time, but she tolerates it more and more. She rolls to her sides easily, and actually sleeps on her sides quite often. But, we don't have much rolling other than that.
Happy 6 months to our sweet Payton Elizabeth! You are the perfect addition to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The patriotic outfit is only outdone by the picture of Ranger and her, SOOOO sweet!
Lori said...
4:52 PM