The day finally came when our baby girl turned 1 year old! I cannot believe how fast her first year flew by. I feel like I was just holding my little 5.5 pound baby in my arms at the hospital, and now she's been with us an entire year!
She is such a poser for the camera...but this day she was also a bit silly!
Her brothers wanted in on the action too...
At her 1-year check-up, Payton's pediatrician says she is healthy and thriving! Of course, we knew that already. Here are the stats for our little girl:
Weight: 16 lbs, 7 oz (7th %)
Height: 28.0 in (12th %)
Head: 17.8 in (57th %)
Payton girl loves her baths. She usually doesn't want to get out and could play in the running water until her skin is wrinkly if I would let her.
Payton now sleeps between 10-12 hours at night, which is very nice. She does have an earlier bedtime though, between 6-7pm, so she still wakes up in the early morning hours for a quick feeding, then she goes back to sleep. On most days, she isn't a great napper. Her two naps are usually 40 - 90 minutes long, which is why her bedtime is so early. She is also still a big fan of her paci, which is fine by me since it helps her sleep!
Payton is such a little explorer, and is quite the instigator. She loves crawling around after her brothers, and even loves wrestling with them! We have to remind them to be careful with her because she's so feisty, they forget!
Just like the boys, Payton is a fan of "Praise Baby." It's the only show she will really focus on for about 10 minutes or so, which is usually all the time I need to get something done while she's distracted. She actually plays pretty well by herself or with the boys, but there are days when a little "Praise Baby" saves the day!
Payton is truly a happy girl. She is full of joy and seems to enjoy most people. She is especially a Daddy's girl right now, which I love. Our days are filled with smiles and laughs from this girl! When she is really excited, she flaps her arms and legs like she could fly off at any second.
Callen is liking her more and more, but still has his moments when sharing with his sister isn't his first reaction. But, once I convinced him to share a car ride with her, he loved it!
Payton loves pulling up on absolutely anything, and walks around holding onto things all over the house. I still think we are a month or so away from walking. Here she is helping me with the dishes. :-)
What does a little girl play with when she has 2 older brothers?
Payton Elizabeth...we love you so very much! You are such a joy to our family, and we all love you absolutely to pieces! Now stop growing up so fast!!
Thank you God, for this precious child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment