Day 12:  Letters to Santa and Gingerbread Cookies for the Neighbors!

The kids received a very special letter from Santa Claus telling them to make sure to send him their Christmas lists.



So on the morning of day 12, they wrote down what they would like and we put them in the mailbox!



Ranger's requests were Legos, Spy Gear, and Star Wars.



Payton would like Hello Kitty...



 And Callen asked for Ninja Turtle stuff, Batman pajamas, and Minecraft toys.  :-)



Also on day 12, the kids made gingerbread cookies for our neighbors!









The cutest cookie delivery I've ever seen!





Day 13:  Gingerbread Houses and Santa Claus!

One of the kids' most anticipated Christmas activities is decorating gingerbread houses.  This year I took the plunge and bought 1 for each of them.  I planned this for a Saturday so I would have Chad helping as well.

All set!




Let's do this!









Don't forget to eat a few (or a lot, in Payton's case)...




The completed houses!  







Chad awarded each of the kids a prize.  Ranger received "Most Customized," Callen "Most Symmetrical" and Payton "Most Creative."  :-)




Our neighborhood also held it's annual Kids Christmas Party, complete with a visit from Santa!

Payton had no problem hoping right up on his lap this time.






There were cookies, milk, activities...



...and a make-your-own-reindeer-food station!






Day 14:  Christmas Cookies at Mrs. Cain's House!

One of our sweet friends from church hosted a cookie decorating party at her house for the kids.  Mr. and Mrs. Cain are part of our small group, and they love the kids so much that they hosted them for the afternoon.  I wasn't there, so I didn't take any pictures.  The Cains also had our small group at their home later that evening for our Christmas party.  


Day 15:  Christmas Color By Number

This was a fun, easy activity the kids were able to work on in the afternoon after a busy day.



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home