Ranger has been wanting to have a lemonade stand for a few months, and I decided it was time to help him make it happen.
Of course, since we homeschool, the lemonade stand became a school project!
A few weeks before the lemonade stand was to open, I had Ranger sit down and make a list of everything we would need.
I love how hard he worked on this list and that projects requiring handwriting are getting easier and easier!
Then, on to step 2! A week later, it was time to work on signage...
Callen and Payton wanted to help too!
Then, after waiting through some super hot days, we finally had a perfect afternoon to set up!! I "advertised" by sending texts to friends and also emailing through our neighborhood website.
They were so excited! We had spent time talking about supplies, shopping for them, making lemonade, baking cookies, making signs. We had also talked about the day of the week and time of day to have a successful lemonade stand. We had it all set up in time for the neighborhood elementary school to let out for the day. Bring on the thirsty kids!
One of their first customers was our sweet neighbor, Abby. :-)
And Garrett and Kathryn scooted on over!
Captain America even made an appearance!
All of the kids close buddies came by...this place was hoppin'!
Sweet friend time...
Callen took a break from all the hard work and climbed a few trees...
Then Ranger took his turn too!
Later that afternoon, we cleaned up the yard, took showers, and then it was time to count the profits. I had used money from the boys' piggy banks to put in the register in order to make change, so they had a little math lesson with Chad as they put their original money back in and counted what was left.
They were VERY successful! They profited around $37! Chad and I were both shocked. We had some sweet, generous neighbors give the kids more money than necessary and told them to keep the change. It was really so fun...and tiring! The boys gave Payton $5 because she had helped with the signs. Then, they split the rest and each ended up with an extra $14 in their piggy banks!!
Ranger is already planning a hot chocolate stand for the winter....I'm not sure I'm quite ready for another one just yet! Still, I'm so proud of the kids, and Ranger especially, for having an idea and working hard to make it happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment