It's Official!

In two weeks Chad and I will be signing over our house to new, deserving (we hope) owners. Wow...it's been such a crazy week!


Chad and I decided we would start looking at houses after the new year. No huge reason, other than it's a great time to move, and we want a little more space. We always knew we wouldn't be in this house for more than a couple of years. As it turns out, we found the house last weekend. Actually, Chad and my dad found the house, and then we all went back and looked at it the following day. As of last Sunday, the deal was done!

We are moving to Murphy, which is just east of Plano, only about 8-9 miles from where we live now. It feels a little more out of the city, which I really love. Once we are settled, I'll definitely post some pictures! I certainly hope this is our last move for a long, long time.

Next came the rush of placing our house on the market. Thankfully Chad and I (and our family!) have done so much work, that very little had to be done. Another thanks....we have an absolutely wonderful realtor...my
dad! Still, having a house on the market means that every morning every room needs to look perfect in case you get a showing. Our house went on the market Tuesday, and low and behold...it sold on Friday!! It's still a little hard for me to believe that it happened so quickly! God's hands are all over this.


So, we are so blessed that we no longer have to deal with the stress of showing our home and hoping someone will buy it. As it looks now, we are moving in 2 weeks...yikes! If anyone has any spare boxes, give me a call! Mom and I made some great progress packing yesterday, but there is still work to be done.




6 comments:

Yeaaaa, that's so exciting! Remember Billy and I are decent painters and still have the auto roller you can borrow anytime. AND you're closer to us :-))

3:02 PM  

Congrats! I cannot wait to see your new crib. Let us know if you need any help moving. David can be lots of help when it comes to moving big stuff.

5:19 PM  

Wow! I can't believe you are moving. I remember how much work you put into your home. Best of luck with the move. I will be thinking of you.

8:41 AM  

Congrats. Beautiful job on your house. I can't wait to see the new one. We're house hunting now, so I know the drill. Blessings to you!

3:51 PM  

WHAT??? We leave town for a weekend and you guys have already sold your house! Congrats! Sounds like we need to go to dinner with you guys to catch up on what has been going on in your lives.

10:28 PM  

Hey guys, congrats on the new diggs. And by the way, thanks for the card - I've never seen so many postage stamps in my life, well done! Good luck with the move and be blessed - JW

8:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home