Thanks to some really great friends and family! Chad and I are officially moved (although not unpacked) into our new home!
I felt like I needed to post a quick blog to update you on our status. I haven't taken any pictures of the new house yet, since very little is actually put away & organized. Hopefully in the next week or so I will feel like the house is ready for its close-up.
We owe so much to the people that helped us move...seriously. 4 guys from church and small-group, David, Billy, Kerry & Steven, showed up at 9am in the 40 degree weather...thankfully it warmed up a little throughout the day! (Although given the choice to move in January or July, I'm sure all of us in Texas would happily choose January!) My sweet friend Jamie came over and cleaned for me, and she made sure the bed was made at the new house. Thank you! 3 other girlfriends, Lori, Courtney & Jennifer also helped with the move and unpacking. My mom and brother were there to help unload the truck too, and stuck around to help us throughout the evening! Mom and Lori were both so wonderful, as they helped me unpack and organize my kitchen...a task that in my current state of mental and physical exhaustion, I could not have finished alone.
I'm so filled with gratitude, as there is no way we could have done this by ourselves. I guess we would have had to pay a moving company, which is much more expensive than our cheap, friend labor. Their only payment was pizza, water, & lots of hugs and thank yous! For any of you reading this, you know you have 2 willing helpers for any future moves or home projects. I know that relationships aren't built on task lists that people do for each other, but we really do owe all of you tremendously. Thank you!
One last thing...Please pray for Chad, as he is battling with a severe bronchial infection. He has been dealing with this for a few weeks now, and he is so ready to be well again! Thankfully it's not contagious (for all of you who have spent time with us in the last week), but it is definitely time for it to go away! Hopefully the new antibiotics will kick in!
Happy Tuesday!
glad that we could help ya'll move. i love the new house! i really hope chad feels better soon. have a great week!
courtney
Anonymous said...
5:56 PM
I had yucky stuff for about 3 weeks, so I know it's a drag. We hope he's up to game night tomorrow!! Great choice in the house, I would have bought it for the scripture and denim paint jobs alone :-)
Anonymous said...
9:46 PM
congrats, miranda and chad!
Courtney said...
9:18 AM
Can't wait to see the new place. Feel better Chad!
Kim said...
5:16 PM