Anyone who knows me well knows that I like to keep things in my life fairly well-organized. My mind isn't as clear and I am not as settled in states of disorganization and transition. I wish this didn't bother me at all, but it simply does.

Seeing as we have lived in and among boxes for almost 3 weeks (two weeks at the old house, almost a full week at the new), I am finding myself quite discontented and, to be entirely honest, crabby. At the same time, I just have had no time to unpack as many boxes as I would like. Our clothes are still in suitcases, for crying out loud! Lately, we are in a constant state of busyness, and this weekend will be no exception. Between the Prestoncrest Ladies retreat Friday night and Saturday morning, a baby shower Saturday afternoon, and church and the Super Bowl on Sunday, I don't have much time to accomplish tasks around the house.

I think I just need to calm down and breath...no one (except me) expects that my house should be fully put-together and organized 5 days after move-in. Thankfully the kitchen is good-to-go, but everything around it is driving me batty. Chad did finish his office yesterday, and I must say, it looks wonderful! I'm going straight home after work today - no stops at the gym or store, to work on the house. I'm really excited, and hope to accomplish a great deal by bedtime (which is a senior citizen-time of 9:30). I know I will finish it all eventually, but, goodness, I wish I could just twitch my nose and be done with it!

5 comments:

The house is looking great honey... it'll be the way you want it very soon!

12:53 PM  

You're so funny Miranda. I love reading your blog. I hope you get your house set up soon, and keep thinking "I'm not moving any time soon." It makes it a lot better. Have a fun weekend. Sounds busy but fun. Can't wait to see pictures when you're done unpacking. No rush. Rest a little.

1:12 PM  

Neighbor, call and you can boss us around some more, we live for that stuff :-))

1:14 PM  

What!? You're not ready to host small group next Wednesday?? Tsk, tsk...

You will have it all together in no time, I am sure of it.

6:39 PM  

You are too funny! It will all come together in time and I'm sure it's already looking great. We can't wait to see it. If y'all need some help (since we didn't with the move; you should have taken advantage of Jarod's muscles)please let us know.
See you Sunday!

7:29 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home