I noticed on my drive in to work this morning that it was just a little bit brighter than last week...yea sunshine! It's hard when I arrive at work with it still being dark outside, so when the days start getting longer, I love it!
Chad and I had a great weekend. It was actually our first weekend at home in the new house, plus I had yesterday off from work thanks to our Presidents! Saturday I shamelessly did absolutely nothing. We dog-sat for Wade and Amber, so I had a sweet little companion with me. It makes sense that Chad and I don't have a dog right now, but that doesn't change my wanting one!
Random thoughts, but I've witnessed 2 types of people that I most certainly want to avoid being.
1. Miss Here's-What's-Bad-About-That: I don't want to be the person that after being told about something someone is doing, or somewhere he is going, I immediately give reasons as to why it is a bad idea. I don't want to be the person that crushes someone's excitement merely because I've heard or experienced something negative. I don't like telling someone where I'm going or what I'm doing, only to have him/her tell me why it's a bad idea and that, no, it won't be as wonderful as I've imagined. Just say, "That sounds fun!" No other comments, unless positive, are required.
2. Miss I-Will-Give-My-Opinion-On-Every-Subject-Whether-I-Know-Anything-About-It-Or-Not: Just because I am in the same room with someone, doesn't mean I need to have an opinion on absolutely every subject that might be talked about. In particular, if I truly don't know anything about the subject, why would I choose to speak up? Maybe some people just like conversation, so they insert themselves whenever possible. All I know is, I'm going to work at not being a know-it-all. However, if you want to talk American Idol, The Biggest Loser, chocolate, or migraine headaches, I have plenty of expert opinions to toss around!
Have a blessed day!
I am growing more and more excited by the minute in anticipation of you posting pictures of your new house! I'm so glad you FINALLY got that first good weekend in at your new home. How wonderful!
Brenna Laine said...
1:39 PM
Let's schedule some time where I can give you my opinion regarding everything. J/K...I would love to talk about the Biggest Loser and chocolate with you sometime, maybe we can eat chocolate while we work out together. :) I am excited to see your house all put together. Sorry about last night, Steven had a work dinner. We are back on for next Monday.
Jamie said...
4:32 PM
Well you are neither of those so don't worry. Glad you had a nice weekend!
Kim said...
6:27 PM
Love you Miran, don't miss all my opinions and cautionary objections too much this Wednesday :-), hehe.
Anonymous said...
7:18 PM