This past weekend, Chad and I drove to Abilene to meet with the Smith side of the family at my aunt and uncle's. This has become a yearly tradition where we all get together to eat, swim, eat, play, eat, and catch up. The unique thing about our reunion is that we set up a "tent city" in the back yard since it would be impossible for 29 people to sleep inside the house.

I know, in theory, this sounds odd to some people. In fact, several people we have told insisted we take pictures so they could see exactly how this looks.





This year we had 5 tents set up in the back yard. Chad and I have the baby tent that you can barely see popping up behind the gazebo. Everyone else has larger tents to accommodate the ever-growing number of children. Our tent is actually quite comfortable. By the time Chad sets up our air mattress, blankets, and fan, the tent becomes an excellent place to sleep.

Really, it's just a great way for our family to be together without breaking the bank on travel and lodging. I am so happy that our family still sees each other like this once or twice a year.


The kids swim all day, except when their mothers make them get out of the pool to eat or rest. On Saturday, the guys play golf and talk smack to each other. Good times.






Here is my mom - Nonnie - with Mary Alice.







This is Maverick, my cousin Britney's son. He is so, so, so sweet! He is also receiving a little brother or sister in November! Have I mentioned how sweet he is?






And this is a picture of the 4 pregnant girls in the family. As if we didn't have enough rugrats running around, we are adding 4 more! In order: Me (due in January), Amber (due in December), my cousin Britney (due in November), and my cousin Mindy (due August 4th!). I'm sure these girls grew tired of my incessant questions about pregnancy and labor, but I'm the newbie here and could use all the advice I can get!






Side view...nice.




This picture was taken at 12 weeks. Just a few days before this, I started "popping out." Crazy! I've had a few comments about how I "popped" really early, but mostly people are just excited for us! I don't mind at all! I would much rather pop out front than pop out everywhere.


On a side note - I've been smelling peanut butter all morning, but I haven't been around it at all. I think my smeller is off. Either that, or at some point yesterday I spilled peanut butter around my desk or in my purse. This is a very possible option.

12 comments:

Thanks for doing all of the work for me! I linked my blog to yours.
It was good to see you this weekend!

10:55 AM  

It looks like your family had a great weekend! I have noticed that you are showing a little and you look adorable!

11:00 AM  

You look so cute! I can't wait and am so happy for you and Chad.

11:19 AM  

Hey Miranda. It is Jessica Allen (now Wilson). Came acorss your blog! I actually just started one and added yours to my page.

Congrats on being preggo! You look adorable! Hope you are doing well.

2:48 PM  

Miranda- Congratulations on your pregnancy! You look adorable and I wish and Chad the very best as you enter parenthood. Alyssa O'Rear

3:25 PM  

Ahh, you do look so cute-I do love that dress too :) I need to have Brad gather up the few things I had purchased and pass them on to you b/c all I wear up here is t's and shorts!!

4:25 PM  

That is an awful picture of me.

5:19 PM  

You looked absolutely precious tonight.. glad the tent gathering was so much fun :-)

9:18 PM  

This post makes me realize that I have not seen you in a while. You look GREAT! Can't wait to catch up and see you on Saturday.

1:12 PM  

You are an adorable pregnant girl! I love the dress you are wearing and it looks like your family had a great time together.

8:20 PM  

you are so cute!

9:16 PM  

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!

10:48 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home