Amendment added 8/1/08: Chad apparently hijacked my blog and added his own special thoughts to my post. I just found out about it today. So, for all of you who read this and thought I was a crazy person because I continue to contradict myself in this post, please know that no, I am not crazy. I am just married to Chad, and anyone who knows us totally gets that I have no control over him. I've put his "additional" thoughts in blue so as to clear up any confusion.
*****************************************************************
It's good for the spirit to list things that make you happy, especially when it is so oppressively hot outside that you can barely breathe. Here are some things I'm loving right now.
Dr. Appointments - Yes, that's right. Now that going to the doctor means receiving confirmation that our precious baby is developing and growing inside of me, I love dr appointments! I just wish they all involved sonograms. We had an appointment yesterday and were able to hear the heartbeat. All is well; our Nugget's heart is pumping along at a furious 166 beats per minute! Before yesterday, I really thought we were probably having a boy. But, with the news that some of our other pregnant friends are having boys, I feel the odds are now in favor of us having a girl. That, coupled with the higher heart rate, and I'm about 92% convinced our Nugget is a sweet girl who I will swaddle in as much pink fabric as possible. But no lace. Absolutely no lace.
Chad still votes that sweet Nugget is a boy. We find out in 6 weeks, so stay tuned as our debates are bound to become interesting! (SIDENOTE: We probably really are having a boy... Chad really does have a strong feeling and, after all, he knew I was pregnant before I did!)
Jell-o Pudding Pops! - I L-O-V-E-D these things as a little girl. I have fond memories of going to the grocery store with my Nima in Lubbock and her buying these as a special treat for me during my stay. Sadly, when I started looking for them later in life, they were nowhere to be found. However, when I was in Walmart on Sunday I found myself on the ice cream aisle (weird how that just "happens"). And lo and behold....JELLO PUDDING POPS! They are now made by the Popsicle brand. I joyfully exclaimed out loud, "No way!" and grabbed a box as fast as I could, lest any other shopper try to take the treasure before I did. When I had one later that day, I realized they were just as fabulous as I remembered. Chad is now a fan too. Bill Cosby would be proud.
Thursday nights - Because Thursday night means tomorrow is Friday and the weekend can begin (at 4:01 pm when I race from my desk to my car)!
Don't count on just the heart rate to determine the baby's gender. Baby Boy Clem had a heart rate of 176 at one of our sonograms.
The Clem Family said...
4:39 PM
LOVE the jello pudding pops...can't believe they've made a comeback! I'm so glad all is going well with your prego-ness! Love!
mitzi said...
8:12 PM
I loved Jello pudding pops. I will have to look for them the next time I go to the store.
By the way, Allie had a pretty low heart rate and so did both my nieces. So you never know. I can't wait to find out.
Varner said...
8:20 PM
Great post! I haven't ever had a Jello pudding pop, so I will have to give it a try!
Hattie said...
5:56 PM