Chad and I returned last Sunday from our fabulous Alaskan cruise!! Since Chad is such a ROCK STAR, he earned a trip through his company for the two of us. We were able to choose any place we wanted (we were given a budget, of course). After tossing around many, many ideas, and after finding out I was pregnant, we decided an Alaskan cruise would be just right. We would only have to carry bags to one location, but we would be able to see several different places. Plus, anyone who has ever cruised before knows the most important part....there is always food!! Nugget and I liked this part very much!

So, off we went! We sailed on a Princess boat out of Seattle. We stopped in Ketchikan, Juneau, & Skagway, Alaska, and also in Victoria, British Columbia. Every place we went was so wonderful for so many reasons!



Here we are one night on the boat at dinner. I must say...we ate incredibly well all week. It's been really hard for me to understand that, at home, we don't have dessert after EVERY meal!




On Tuesday morning we arrived in Ketchikan. Here is Chad enjoying his coffee from our balcony. One of my favorite treats was the continental breakfast delivered to our room every morning! That gave us plenty of time to enjoy the views in our pajamas before getting dressed and ready to eat "second breakfast" in the dining room. :-)






In Ketchikan, we went on a small fishing boat to search for salmon. Here is Chad reeling one in!


Showing off his big catch! (Sidenote: This picture was taken right after the captain clubbed this salmon in the head 6 times with a baseball bat. I was not warned this would happen, so you can imagine my surprise!)








Beautiful, foggy morning on the water. We were able to see a few bald eagles as well!






It's picture time! They convinced me I should pose with Chad as well. Notice how excited I am.






But, a real lady always knows when to turn on her happy face!




On Wednesday morning (you might also refer to this day as MY BIRTHDAY!!), we sailed up through a fjord to a glacier. It was crazy cold, but the trip and views were so worth it!







Chad participated in many grueling athletic competitions aboard ship (along with several 70 year old men). Here he is competing in a putt-putt competition. My man's got skills - what can I say? Just look at that form.




When we were walking ashore in Skagway on Thursday, we noticed that many ships had painted their names and colors on the rocks. This is apparently a tradition as we saw some dating back to the 1920s. Chad noticed this one right away! Any other fellow ACU Wildcats might appreciate it as well. Sadly, there were no Red Raider flags anywhere.





In Skagway we chose to take a guided hike and rafting trip. On our way to the hike site, our guide stopped so we could enjoy the breathtaking views!







Here we are on the hike. Everything was so lush...of course we had to stop and pose!










As we rafted down the river, we were given this amazing view of a glacier right in between the mountains! We also saw bears!









On Saturday, we made our final stop in Victoria, British Columbia. The city is absolutely gorgeous. There are huge flowers everywhere! This picture was taken at the gardens in the Empress Hotel. These look and smell just like honeysuckle.







We had such an incredible trip! I cannot recommend Alaska enough as a vacation destination. We were so blessed to be able to spend this week together, enjoying God's creation and enjoying some wonderful time together. I do think it is my last trip before Nugget makes his appearance, though. Travel is a little harder when your body is being shared by someone else!

8 comments:

Sounds like you guys had fun. Happy late Birthday. Keep us updated on lil nugget.

8:42 PM  

I have been waiting for pictures! Glad you guys had an awesome time!

9:56 PM  

It sounds like you had an amazing time!

4:38 PM  

Okay, so I was seriously having a hard morning on Saturday (following the original blog page meltdown and all). I emailed you the incorrect blog address for our new page. You probably noticed my mistake, but just to clarify- our new blog address is: travisandhollieepperson.blogspot.com
Sorry for all the confusion-
Happy Fall!
Your trip looked amazing!

8:26 PM  

Wow! Alaska looks so fun!! What a nice getaway. Happy Birthday...just a little late! :)

5:28 PM  

Hiking while pregnant - so impressive! I love all the pictures.

12:49 PM  

Your pictures are beautiful. I'm glad y'all had such a good time. My best friend from childhood lives in Ketchikan with her husband and they work the zip lines up there.

11:40 AM  

Wow, that cruise looks like it was a lot of fun! BTW, your baby is going to be a cutie.

11:12 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home