Hobo Dinner :-)

I decided we should introduce the kids to the wonder that is Hobo Dinner!  I'm sure there are many names, but it's basically your whole dinner in a foil packet, cooked on the grill or over a fire.  I first had it at church camp in middle school.

These ingredients look a little more colorful than I remember.  :-)  For our dinner, we had ground beef patties with zucchini, bell peppers, potatoes, and green beans.



The kids were really excited to help!



Sometimes having the kids help make the food, gives them the motivation to eat the food too!








I actually planned to have Chad grill them, but we had some coals that Chad wanted to burn, so we cooked them over those.  So fun!



The kids stayed cool with the water hose...




And a little while later, our dinner was ready!



Then, we decided to take our campfire meal to the next course...dessert!  I threw some marshmallows and dark chocolate chips in another foil packet...



And we cooked that over the hot coals too!  Yum-o!!  S'mores dip!



We enjoyed ours with animal crackers...



Delish!


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home